Thursday, June 6, 2013

How do I Feel About Un-Costumed Characters - In Particular Princesses


Whenever I see characters in Disney Parks I love getting my picture taken with them, and I even been known to hug a character or two.  But I have a bit of an issue with certain characters.  It has nothing to do with what kind of character they are in their respective films.  My problem is how to act around those characters that aren't in a full costume, and in particular the princess characters.

As a young boy with a love of Goofy, I had focus on who I wanted to meet, and little interest in characters outside of Mickey, Donald, or Goofy.  But as I've grown up, my range of character appreciation has grown.  Now when I visit the parks I want to see all of the characters.  But my age has changed me a little.

This is the only thing that I feel self conscious about as a male adult in the Disney World.  While I want to feel free hugging and posing with all of the characters in the parks, I'm not sure how I feel about the impression I make if I run up to Tinker Bell with a great amount of glee in my eyes and ask for a photo, or maybe even asking Snow White for a hug.

I've thought about ways to try and deal with this, mostly by playing the role of Prince Charming when I’m around these characters. But that could get old quickly, and it may not work with all of the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment