Tuesday, June 4, 2013

What Shows are Worth Seeing?


I like to put Disney attractions into two categories, rides and shows. Sometimes these lines can be blurred, since many of the rides are filled with narrative, and many shows are interactive. For me, a Disney show is when you find yourself sitting in a theatre type environment where you don't move at all, and the focus of the attraction is set on a stage. A show is more about the performance or movie, than it is with interaction or movement.

For me the shows at Disney World are the part that least interests me. That's not to say that all of the shows are bad, in fact there are a few shows that really interest me. The Indian Jones stunt spectacular, TheMuppet's3D show, and Captain EO are shows that I consider not to be missed, just to name a few. There are however a few shows I'm not too sure about:

Dream Along With Mickey - This is one of those big musical shows full of costumed characters.  I hate using the words "overly optimistic" as a negative in Disney shows, but it might be a little too much for me.

Voices of Liberty - This is an a capella group of singers that perform in the US pavilion at Epcot.  I'm OK with singing, but only for a certain length of time, and it depends on their song selection.

The American Idol® Experience - I really can't see myself wanting to visit this show.  The singers are actual guests, and frankly it sounds like it could be a disaster of a show, unless you are the parents of the contestants.

Beauty and the Beast-Live on Stage - I actually don't mind musicals, but I worry that this one might be a little lame.  I can imagine that they may take the edge off of the movie plot and just keep the mushy stuff.

Disney Junior - Live on Stage! - I don't watch Disney Junior so I'm not really sure what to expect.  The puppets look neat.

Fantasmic! - Night Show - I'll probably go to this show if time permits.  Since it's a dedicated night show it might be hard to schedule in.  The draw for me is the hopes of big explosions.

Voyage of The Little Mermaid - I won't say that I don't like the little mermaid, but it's not one of my favorite Disney movies.

Festival of the Lion King - I've already seen the Broadway Lion King show, so how is this different? Is it better, new plot, I don't really want to see something I've seen before.

Finding Nemo - The Musical - I like puppets, but I'm not sure what I think of this show.

These shows are the ones I'm a little iffy about; please convince me if there's something here I should not miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment