Thursday, May 9, 2013

My fear of some rides


Allison is a fast ride fanatic; I on the other hand get sick on many rides. Since getting sick often trumps having fun, we don't go to too many places that have big rides. The good thing about Disney World is that many of the rides are fairly tame, and even the bigger rides tend to be smooth enough that I don't get sick. There are a few rides that I am worried about.

Test Track

Of all of the rides on this list, Test Track is the one I'm least worried about. Although it's one of the fastest rides in the park, it looks pretty smooth and not filled with any loops.

Aerosmith’s Rock and Roller coaster

This ride is the one that's giving me the most indecision.  I know that it's a looping roller coaster, something that often makes me ill.  It's also supposed to be really fast as well, but that doesn't bother me too much.  The one thing that can make me really sick with roller coasters is how bumpy they can be.  I can often handle some extreme rides if they're fairly smooth.

So why would I even want to chance this ride?  First of all I don't want to leave Allison on her own, secondly the story of this ride sounds great.

Tea cups

The teacups are a classic Disney ride, but it's a ride I will not be ridding on this trip.  They spin, I get sick, and I don't really get any entertainment value out of them.  I've ridden the teacups in the past, and it's a childhood trauma I don't want to relive.  Fortunately Allison has little interest in ridding the teacups either.

Expedition Everest

I didn't really think much about expedition Everest until I watched a documentary on its construction.  While I'm pretty confident I'll be OK, I am a little worried about the going backwards portion of the ride.

Mission Space

When I first started collecting a list of rides that worried me, I glossed right over Epcot.  I figured there was no way Epcot would have any rides that might make me sick.  Then I started reading about Mission Space.  This ride apparently sends its visitors into a centrifuge simulating every stomach turning reality of being shot into space.  This is the only ride in Disney that comes equipped with barf bags, and very sever warnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment