Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Resort Activities - Campfires, Watersports, and Others.


While we're on this epic trip we plan on spending most of our time in the main theme parks.  However we also want to experience a few other secondary attractions as well.  The parks are the most popular of adventures you can have, but many of the resorts have fun activities to try out.

The Fort Wilderness areas are well known for having campfires with sing a-longs and s'mores.  While this resort is a little out of the way for us, it might be worth the journey.

Many resorts also offer nighttime screening of classic Disney films.  These screening might be a fun way to wind down after a busy day at a theme park.  There really isn't that much information about the screenings, but since one seems to take place at the resort we're planning to stay at, it might be worth checking out.

Disney World offers four different mini golf courses, two of which I've tried before and two are new to me.  Allison and I both enjoy a fun round of mini golf now and then, so I think we'll take some time to swing a few putters.  Our plan is to visit one of the courses that I've played before and really enjoyed (Fantasia Gardens), and play one of the courses I haven't played (One of the Winter Summer Land Golf Courses).

On this trip, Allison and I have decided that we want to try doing something we've never done before, wakeboarding.  On Bay Lake they offer one-hour wakeboard lessons for complete beginners.  It sounds like the perfect time to learn a new water sport.

We haven’t decided how we’re going to go about paying for these, should we get a park pass that includes all of these, or is it more economical to pay for them separately?

2 comments:

  1. Dear Chris, I'd just like to take this opportunity to say, "I'm better than you at mini golf." At least underground, blacklight, 3D minigolf, after I've had two glasses of wine. :-) We shall see how we do at Disney minigolf, my friend, we shall see...
    Allison

    ReplyDelete