Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Animal Kingdom - Allison's View


OK, so, let me get this straight.  This is a Disney theme park, and it has real animals too?  This is waaay too good to be true!  Chris is the biggest zoo nerd I know (he's the most fun animal enyclopaedia you'll ever encounter) - add that to how much we both love Disney parks, plus Disney's ability to do things right, and this just might add up to the best Disney day ever.

We are definitely going to take one of the special tours here. I was torn between the "Sunrise Safari" and "Wild Africa Trek".  Early morning is the best time to see animals in action, but the behind-the-scenes look you get on the "Trek" seems really cool.  I mean, who wouldn't want to cross a rope bridge over a wild animal enclosure!  I know I'm totally game for that!  However, Disney has made the decision for us, since the Sunrise Safari is only available to Kilimanjaro Club Level guests.  We're having a hard enough time hemming and hawing over Port Orleans vs. Yacht Club - we don't need that in the mix!

And then, if I may turn to one of my favourite subjects - meat.  I have seen pictures of the pulled pork and the BBQed chicken and ribs at Flame Tree, and I'm wondering just how much I can eat, since I totally want to try all three!  Ever since my sister lived in Alabama, I have been addicted to southern BBQ.  My mouth is watering already... Chris can have his Zebra Cupcake at Kusafiri Bakery; I'll be at Flame Tree gnawing on a rib!

No comments:

Post a Comment