Tuesday, July 9, 2013

EPCOT - Allison's View

Ah, EPCOT, the one DisneyWorld park I actually experienced!  It was the day after my sister's Disney-rific wedding, and so she gave her "Slave of Honour" a half day off to enjoy some Disney good times!  I went with one of my sister's friends, and my cousin.  We rode rides, we danced with Moroccan dancers, we learned about the insides of our bodies, and we ate Mexican food.  That's all I remember.


So now, I'm totally looking forward to a long, leisurely day (or two, even!) at EPCOT!  There's so much more there than I got to see before.  And it will be nice to do it without the jet lag (I'd come straight from living in Japan only five days or so beforehand).

Secretly, the nerd in me is really excited about the "Behind the Seeds" special tour.  I'm not much of a gardener, which is why I think the science of gardening is so fascinating for me.  It's like this mysterious world that I catch a glimpse into once in a while, and now it'll be time to take a Disney-style glimpse!

Chris is right about me not wanting to go to EPCOT first.  I have this travel philosophy that I don't like to go back to places I've been before, as there are so many other places I could be visiting that I've never seen!  The rule is not set in stone - I've been some places multiple times, especially some do-overs with Chris - but the least I can do is give the philosophy a nod by not running straight to the only WDW park I've already experienced.  It's nice to do something - anything - else first!

Food-wise, I'm looking forward to the Norwegian bakery, the Japanese teppan-yaki place, and the French restaurant.  I have a feeling we're going to be visiting EPCOT for food a lot. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment