Thursday, July 11, 2013

Hollywood Studios

I get the idea that among Disney purists, Hollywood Studios is the least favourite park.  Its creation is often described as a reaction to Universal Studios, and many say that it's really not well organized with any real theme.  When Epcot and Animal Kingdom were opened there was an instant sense of what was going on at these parks; Hollywood Studios has had to evolve a little bit, and it continues to do so.  Other parks seem to add attractions, while HS seems to change them.  It seems however that this park is starting to make a niche for itself as the thrill ride hub for the Disney parks.  I'm not sure how I feel about Hollywood Studios, but I am really excited to see how it's changed since my first visit.

The two attractions that I'm looking forward to most of all on this whole epic adventure are found at Hollywood Studios.  The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, and Star Tours are rides that I just don't want to miss.  The Tower of Terror I'm fairly familiar with, but Star Tours has recently updated itself and apparently it's a totally new ride.  Also at this park is one of the rides that I'm most undecided about, the Rockin' Roller Coaster.  It looks like a really great fun ride, but it also looks really intense, and I'm not sure how my stomach will take it.

Food wise I wouldn't be upset if I made another visit to the Sci-Fi Dine in Theatre Restaurant.  I went the last time I visit the Studios, and it was a really fun time with some great food.  I'd also be interested in trying the Cobb Salad at the Brown Derby as well, since it's a classic dish in the culinary world.  Other than that, the food at Hollywood Studios seems fine, but nothing really sticks out as a must try.

When it comes to the shows, a visit to the Muppet's Theatre is an absolute must.  I've seen the show before and it was one of my favourite shows in the whole park.  There are a few other shows at the park that I wouldn't mind seeing, like the Indiana Jones Stunt Show, and the Lights, Motors, Action show.

When I visited Hollywood Studios in the past, I remember it as being full of fun rides, but also full of empty spaces.  I always thought of this park as being very big with small attractions.  I also remember the general theme of the place to be a little scattered, but it didn't really bother me that much.  Some people call this a half-day park, but I think it deserves a full day, maybe even two.

No comments:

Post a Comment