Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Epcot

Epcot (Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow) is often referred to as the "educational theme park" of Disney World.  While it has a few fun rides, it does move at a much slower pace than the other parks.  It also does offer more in the area of learning than the other parks.  I wouldn't say that it forces education down your throat, but there's a good chance you might learn something while visiting Epcot.

Attraction wise I think Soarin' is something I really don't want to miss.  It's a hang gliding simulator that flies you over California with just about all of your senses being assaulted (in a good way). I'm a big fan of the flume ride at the Norway pavilion as well.  I'm also interested in seeing what they did to the Living Seas pavilion since I last visited.

Of all of the parks in Disney World, Epcot is the park I'm most looking forward to eating in.  With the world showcase we should be able to sample some foods from many different countries.  I'm most interested in the Moroccan pavilion since I can't honestly say that I've eaten Moroccan before.  Many of the other pavilions might be fun as well, particularly if it's a place we've visited.  We can compare and enjoy the memories of our visit to these countries.

The shows in Epcot aren't really the same as the shows at other parks.  They don't seem to really have any Broadway style theatrical performances, just small shows all over the park.  I like the idea of just walking around and bumping into entertainment, rather than having to wait in line to go into a theater.  I'm not sure if this counts as a "show" per se, but in the Japan pavilion they have a girl named Miyuki that makes awesome candy art that I'm really keen to watch her work.

I think this might be the park I've visited most of all.  This is also the only park that Allison has visited in Florida.  Because it's the only park she's been to, she's informed me that in no way are we visiting this park first.  Not that she doesn't like it; she just wants to be sure to see at least one other park on this adventure.  I seem to remember this park having a really nice relaxing vibe about it, so I think on a day where we want to walk around and not rush around too much, Epcot will be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment