Tuesday, August 13, 2013

More Than Disney, The Stops We’ll Make Along the Way – Chattanooga

I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned this in the past, but Allison and I are planning to drive to Florida and back as part of our Epic Disney Adventure.  We figure that getting to Disney and back has to be as epic as the visit to Disney itself.  For the next few post I’m going to talk about some of the stops we plan on making on our way to and from Walt Disney World.  Most of these “plans” are works in progress, and we’re constantly changing our minds as we go.  Some stops will be long, others only a few hours, but we want to taste a little bit of the USA before we go visit the House of Mouse.

View Larger Map
I have to be honest, the main reason we chose Chattanooga as a stop on this trip is the song.  I desperately want a photograph of me standing next to some kind of train in Chattanooga.  After a little research on the subject, I've learned that Chattanooga has a few other claims to fame that might be worth exploring as well.  Most recently they've become the first city to have their own font.  Now that might not seem to interesting to most of you, but I'm a graphic designer, and a nerd, so it's pretty darn fascinating.

I've also learned that Chattanooga is the birthplace of the pickup truck.  I've never owned, or even driven a pickup truck, but apparently there's a museum dedicated to this form of transportation.  Why not broaden my horizons a little and learn about a truck that can in fact pick stuff up.

No comments:

Post a Comment