Thursday, August 15, 2013

More Than Disney, The Stops We’ll Make Along the Way – Indianapolis

I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned this in the past, but Allison and I are planning to drive to Florida and back as part of our Epic Disney Adventure.  We figure that getting to Disney and back has to be as epic as the visit to Disney itself.  For the next few post I’m going to talk about some of the stops we plan on making on our way to and from Walt Disney World.  Most of these “plans” are works in progress, and we’re constantly changing our minds as we go.  Some stops will be long, others only a few hours, but we want to taste a little bit of the USA before we go visit the House of Mouse.

View Larger Map
I've been to Indianapolis many times, mostly because it's where my father lives.  Allison has also been to Indianapolis before, so it could prove to be difficult to find something new to do.  Our first priority is to visit with family, but after that I was thinking of trying to get tickets to the local AAA baseball team.  The Indianapolis Indians are one of the most successful baseball teams ever.  They have held the record for winning more games than any other baseball franchise.

Our stop in Indianapolis will probably also be a great spot to buy some American stuff.  In Canada there are a few products and stores that we just don't have.  Allison and I want to pick up a few "American" things before we head back over the border.

No comments:

Post a Comment