Tuesday, August 6, 2013

More Than Disney, The Stops We’ll Make Along the Way – Rhode Island

I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned this in the past, but Allison and I are planning to drive to Florida and back as part of our Epic Disney Adventure.  We figure that getting to Disney and back has to be as epic as the visit to Disney itself.  For the next few post I’m going to talk about some of the stops we plan on making on our way to and from Walt Disney World.  Most of these “plans” are works in progress, and we’re constantly changing our minds as we go.  Some stops will be long, others only a few hours, but we want to taste a little bit of the USA before we go visit the House of Mouse.

View Larger Map
Two of our stops on this trip are to visit family that live in the USA.  One of the stops with famliy will be in Rhode Island.  I've visited Rhode Island in the past and I visited the Lizzy Borden house.  Other than family, this was the only things I could really think that I'd wanted to visit in this state.  Sure it has nice stores, and it has a nice coast line, but are there any other attractions that one can't miss in Rhode Island?

I decided to look up a few tourist attractions in Rhode Island, and this is what I found:

Apparently Rhode Island is home to the first Synagogue and the first Baptist church in the USA.  While I'm not a huge fan of religion, this might be interesting.

I came across the "Culinary Archives & Museum At Johnson & Wales University", which apparently is a museum dedicated to restauranteuring and the hospitality industry.  It sounds strange enough that it might be worth a visit.

Finally, there's a place called "Benefit Street", that is of some kind of historical value.  I'm not really clear what's there, but Trip Advisor highly recommends it.

I'm not really sad that there doesn't appear to be too much to do in Rhode Island because that will give me more excuse to visit family.

No comments:

Post a Comment